Saturday, July 23, 2011

Junior Camp pictures!

Well, I know you've all been dying to see pictures from last week. This is the 5th time I've tried to upload them! I kept doing dumb things that ended up stopping the uploading process. But here they are...finally! :)


Olivia, Juoleanne, Elisa, and Caroline waiting to ride the horse.


Samantha 



Scoring game after the evening services-the campers spin a wheel that has 1 through 6, -2, -3, and -4. Then they try to get the ships around the world behind the people in the above picture, and the first team to get their ship around wins the game and gets to fly their team flag the next morning. These are two guy counselors from opposing teams: one wanting a 6, and one wanting a -4. 


Every morning during chapel, the kids would do a penny parade. They could choose how many packs of pennies they wanted to give and each kid put their pennies in the buckets. Then, Mr. Scott let go to see which team won. All the money went towards a camp in Africa.


Flute quartet: Rachel, Clara, Ashley, and Bethany. I play the piano for this- I Sing the Mighty Power of God.


Bethany and I played a duet and decided to match. :)


Here we are :)


All my campers... from back to front: Samantha, Danielle, Caroline, Elisa, Olivia, Juoleanne, Celeste, Madison, and Jackie.


Caris was really hungry that day... :) Just kidding! She asked the snack shop girls to split one flurry into three and shared with Clara and I. :)


We were all pleasantly (?) surprised on Thursday night when we had to eat with crazy utensils! This was the first time this had happened the whole summer! So of course I had to go around and take pictures of every single counselor. :)


I poked myself in the forehead like every time I tried to take a bite. And I had to hold those things open! :)


Bethany


Kaylee (she had a coffee pot to drink out of)


Nathan (I have no idea how he ate with a potato masher? I don't think he did either!)


Poor Nick...nice baby bottle! :)


Caris


Allison (the one with the blue lid was for drinking out of)


Clara


Ashley (now I really wouldn't want to try eating with that!)


Charity


Jeremy (those huge bucket things are what we always put trash and dirty dishes in after the meals! :))


Dan... he wouldn't keep his tongue in for the pictures (rolls eyes) :) I think he had an ice cream scoop to eat with.


Micheal got a baby bottle too...


Jonathon (he had to drink out of the glass dish)


And Mark - he had to stand up to eat out of that thing! And they did crazy utensils again this past week (I didn't get pictures), and he ended up with a really really tiny cup to eat out of and a styrofoam cup to drink out of. They went from huge to tiny with him! :) 


Bethany and Clara did a toilet paper bride contest. I think Clara won. :)


My campers during God-and-I time one morning.


The Camp Joy Quartet


My girls (my troublemakers weren't paying attention :)) at the end of fun time. L to R: Juoleanne, Celeste, Madison, Jackie, Olivia, and Elisa.


Annnnnnd... after the campers left. This is Clara, Ashley, Bethany, and I. We were taking a moment to relax and enjoy the company of people over the age of 12 before we got started on our Saturday jobs. :)

Hope you enjoyed the pictures! It kind of gives you an idea of the campers I was talking about last week. Look out for another post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment