Sunday, June 26, 2011

Junior Camp 1

My first week of counseling EVER is complete! And... I loved it! I am preeettty tired right now, but it was a great week. :) I had 9 lovely girls in my cabin. I can't even count how many times I counted to 9 this week. Probably like every 10 minutes. :) It's hard to keep up with them all! (especially when some walk reeeeaaally slowlyyyy)... The Lord really blessed me with a fairly easy cabin this week. All 9 of the girls gave a pretty clear testimony of salvation, and every one of them gave testimony last night of decisions that they made this week. They were also so sweet. :) It really was so touching to see them excited about telling me something, during prayer- thanking the Lord for the awesomest counselor ever, being sad to leave me today, giving me hugs throughout the week, raising their hands and screaming for "who thinks they have the prettiest counselor?!", and many more things. They were awesome. :) Toward the end of the week, they were getting a little hyper and didn't listen quite so well, so the Lord tested my patience. :) I know the Lord worked in their hearts this week, and we were able to see several campers get assurance of their salvation, and one got saved! But He also worked in my heart this week. The sermons for the campers were also applicable in my life in many ways- Bible reading, obedience- completely and with the right attitude, getting back up when we fall, using the potential that God's given us for His glory, etc. They were all really good sermons. I was assigned to play the piano during the morning sessions every day which was a lot of fun! It was just a really good week, and I really enjoyed counseling. I'm thankful for the many ways the Lord used my campers to teach me things. As I was doing one-on-ones with each of them, I was encouraged to do the same things that I was telling my campers to do, and it was exciting to see how the Lord would give me wisdom in dealing with them. Moral of this loooong story... it was a great week- both fun and spiritually. :)

Pictures!!!! 

Scoring game after the services every night. The goal was to get the ships around the world.


All my campers


One of my campers- Cynthia


All my campers! from L to R: Danielle, Grace, Cynthia, Kiersten, Lauren, Abigail, Lydia, Jenna, and Nicole


On the way to the screen house...temporary stop in the office while the storm died down. We actually still ended up going in the pouring rain, so it was a wet night. :) An adventure for sure!


Jenna was one of my campers (left) and I don't know the other one's name :)


Me, Jenna (L), and Lydia (R) - they saw me do my hair like that one morning and wanted me to do theirs too. :) Sorry for the smudges-my camera was dirty apparently. :(


My girls in line for the scoring game


On spirit day :) My girls had a lot of fun dressing up CrAzIlY! This is Jenna, Danielle, and Cynthia


Big ball volleyball


Skit night... lovely, Tizzy! :)


The speaker for the week with Stan the Man and Mr. Scott with Uncle somebody :) Mr. Scott was really good at it!


Kiersten playing kickball


campers on the hillside


Me and Jenna- I had like 2 people this week tell me that she looked like me! So we took a picture together- what do you think? :)

Lauren, Lydia, Jenna, and Abigail


Last day- Dan holding our team flag waiting for the final scores. The Explorers (not my team) won this week.... :(


Me and all my campers before they left. :(
L to R: Lauren, Nicole, Cynthia, Danielle, Kiersten, Jenna, Me, Abigail, Lydia, and Grace.


resting during clean-up :) Allison, Ashley, and me


Cookout at Mr. Todd's house! Clara, Abby, me, Kaylee, and Caris


Julie and Caris


Bethany and I

This coming week is a teen week, and I'm not counseling, so I'll have to see what all I can come up with to keep myself occupied. :) Pray for the campers!


1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Emily! We so look forward to Monday mornings when we can check your blog, and see what all you doing. The girls (and the rest of us) miss you lots, and we hope you have a great week!Love you and we are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete