Sunday, June 12, 2011

Leadership, Music, and Speech Camp

We have finished the first week of camp! There were about 60-70 campers this week, so it was a pretty small week of camp. I wasn't counseling, but I was able to play in the orchestra and sing in the choir. I also sang in a ladies' ensemble with campers a few times. We had the final concert on Friday night. I didn't have too many jobs to do this week, so I had a lot of free time. I prefer to be doing stuff instead of having nothing to do, so I was a little bored at times :), but Bethany also wasn't counseling this week, so we hung out a lot doing profitable things like swinging, talking, eating, etc. ;) I only went to the evening services this week, but they were very good. The Lord's continuing to work in my life and teach me things. One specific thing that I would appreciate prayer for is patience. Not in regards to people so much, but about circumstances in my life. A lot of the messages recently have been regarding waiting on the Lord, not being impatient, etc. I like to know what's coming ahead or reasons for things, but I'm learning to wait on the Lord and to trust Him to show me in His timing. This next week is Family Camp 1, and so far I'm assigned to work in the infant nursery during the evening services. It should be fun and interesting. :) (for those of you who know me well :)) I've never been to a family camp of any sort before, so it will be cool to see how it works. Please pray that the Lord would work in hearts of campers and in me as well.

Now, it's time for pictures from the week!


This is registration- actually before the big crowd came in, but you get the general idea :)


Spoke tackle 
 

Sorry it's a little off...self-timer + short photographer + camera up high on a rock = a little off :) That gate says Joy. 


And this one says Camp! 


Down by the lake. Excuse the name tag- we have to wear them every day and I forgot about it. :)


Before fun time


Katie (my stand partner in orchestra) and I 


During swim time this week, it was so cold that only 2 girls came, and they went tubing. So Ashley, Bethany, and I went canoeing! Well, I just went along for the ride. :)


Crazy sailors!


Allison and Ashley at the University


Katie and I again


Karis (another counselor) and I before the final concert


Katie and I waiting to go on stage. We didn't get to watch any of the band, because we weren't until after intermission. :(


The back of my hair that Oma did in a relatively short time! She had a line of girls that wanted her to do their hair. :) She's amazing!


The Navigators (my team) won this week! This is our flag being raised by Luke.


Cheering after raising the flag


On the weekends, we girl counselors have to clean our rooms and the deluxe rooms above our hallway. We had a little too much fun cleaning this past Saturday. :)


Somebody likes vaccuuming! :)


Ok, so we just pick sheets from the closet to put on the beds, which already have comforters on them. By the time we got to this room (the last one we did), there were only dark green sheets or weird-patterned sheets left. So I picked the green ones. 


But this was red! It cracked me up how mis-matched this bed ended up. :/  
:)


Sarah Hatchett and I


And...this is part of my room for the next week of family camp. All of the staff girls had to move back onto one hallway yesterday so that the other hallway can be used for nurseries and so forth during camp. If you think this is a lot of stuff, you should see the rest of the room! It actually looks a little better now that some of us put stuff in drawers. :) But there are ELEVEN girls in this room that has 13 beds...agh! It's going to be fun! :)


At the laundromat! Between 6 girls, we had 8 loads of laundry! It took us about 2 and 1/2 hours to do it all. But it was a fun adventure- this was the first time that all of us had actually gone since camp started. :) 


Ashley, Bethany, and I waiting for our 5 dryers to finish. :)

It was a good week! I'm really enjoying my time here, and am so glad that all of the girls are really sweet! Looking forward to more fun! I wish I could put up videos on here, but never fear-I am taking them! Blogger is too slow to upload them, so you'll have to wait until I get back to see them!
 Have a good week!
 

1 comment:

  1. Emily!
    First of all...I miss you! but I love all the pics. You look like you're having so much fun...and I know what you look like when you're not having fun! haha
    Where did you get that shirt you wore for the concert? So cute!
    Yay for the laundromat! Yay for girl time! Yay for Camp Joy!
    Praying for you!
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete